Friday, February 25, 2005

Commitments

Morning commitments
After the alarm has rung
Music in my mind
Another song been sung
Whistle while you work
I take that to heart
But sometime I just
Wanna stick to the whistling part

Deadline approaching
Working with words
Whittling them down
To make them sound less absurd
I postpone pending appointments
Taking in my calls
And before I know it
Half past five falls

Evening commitments
I don't travel far
Making me feel like
Some small town czar
But I just submit
To this community demand
Learning about a coming juncture
One that's so ill-planned

No matter no matter
All this I've been through
Now it's time to go
To evening commitment number two
They argue, they complain
They say it's just not fair
While the whereabouts of the books
Are still up in the air

But the commitments don't end folks
Still more to bog me down
For two of them I have
To chauffeur around town
They say no rest for the wicked
Well there's even less for the good
I think I'm long overdue
Another diversion to be understood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home